The Anthurium also known as The Flamingo Flower is an exotic plant with a unique flower and is able to bring any interior to life with its unusual shine and vibrant colour. These flowers are perfect for hotels and restaurant as they are a long lasting flower, cost effective solution and create a stunning talking point for guests.
See below some interesting facts on this special flower :
- These lovely flowers orginally came from tropical rainforests – in 1857 Austrian Doctor and Bontanist Dr. Karl van Scherzer found the first variety of Anthurium. In 1876 the second was found in the Andes Mountains in Columbia by Eduard Francious Andre. He named this exciting plant after himself Anthurium Andreanum.
- Anthurium’s are grown for their brightly colour flower spathes and their ornamental leaves. The Red Heart Shaped Flower is a really a spathe or waxy, modified leaf flaring out from the base of the fleshy spike where the tiny real flowers grow.
- Anthuriums like light position but not direct sunlight.
- The Flamingo Flower symbolises exotic beauty.
- They come in a many different colour, pink, purple, orange, yellow, white and green.
Why not upgrade your table centres, lobby tables or bedroom suites today with this cost effective, exotic flower – call Leaflike to get a quote.