Happy National Chocolate Chip Day !!
Did you know that chocolate chips actually came after the chocolate chip cookie, and despite their ubiquity, are likely younger than your grandmother (they were first marketed in 1940!). Legend has it that the chocolate chip cookie was a happy accident, born when baker ran out of baker’s chocolate and opted for semi-sweet instead.
The recipe spread like wildfire, and after a few years of selling their semi-sweet chocolate bars with a chopping tool (for easy chunking of the bar), Nestlé went one step further by introducing chocolate “morsels” to the world. With such a history, and with so much mass appeal, it’s no surprise that this kitchen delight deserves celebration, and that’s why, on May 15, we’ve got National Chocolate Chip Day.
Mmm, what a yum history !
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE FOR YOU?
– I have eaten chocolate chips out of the bag before
– Chocolate chips are my favorite cookies
– I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
– I love raw chocolate chip cookie dough
– Chocolate chips are the best part of trail mix
– I think chocolate bars are better than chocolate chips
– Chocolate chips are my favorite treat
– I eat dark chocolate for my health
– I only use chocolate chips to bake—not to eat by themselves
– I’m brand-sensitive when it comes to chocolate chips
– Sno Caps are my favorite movie candy
– Milk chocolate isn’t real chocolate
Banish lockdown blues with Chocolate Chips !!